Welcome to J-AIR: Jewish Australian Internet Radio
Since 2014, a group of volunteers have brought to the air, the voice of Melbourne’s Jewish community in all its diversity. This has resulted in the Jewish community of Melbourne now having a voice in four languages on their radio station as well as live streaming on the internet.
J-AIR is a niche broadcasting service bringing Jewish culture, news, analysis, music, comedy, personalities and performers together. Join us in continuing to build this valuable Jewish community asset. J-AIR is committed to diversity and inclusiveness for the Jewish and broader communities.
The shows go on!
Plans for a resumption of live broadcasting on J-AIR are well advanced.
– J-AIR has secured a long lease on new premises in St Kilda
– Plans for the new premises – including two new studios, a podcast/recording booth and a reception area – have been finalised
– Plans for a better ergonomic studio layout have been finalised
– Tradies have been engaged to build the studios
– Final installation of J-AIR’s new broadcast antenna at Chadstone will be completed soon.
In the meantime, J-AIR continues to play 24-hour music, announcements and some shows, such as Walter’s World, through the Listen On Demand portal.
We welcome your ideas about J-AIR and its future and they can be emailed to [email protected]. Just head to the Contact us page for an email form.
Stay tuned to this page for updates.
Discover J-AIR programs
Support your Jewish radio station
Did you know that your community radio station J-AIR is listener-supported? And, did you know J-AIR is committed to diversity and inclusiveness for the Jewish and broader communities?
We rely on your generous financial support to keep the station on the air. We appreciate any help you can provide. Your support can help defray costs for:
- Operating the radio station
- Community development programs
- Building maintenance and operations
- Volunteer and training expenses
Join our Facebook group and page
See what’s going on here @J-AIR Radio
J-AIR is committed to diversity and inclusiveness for the Jewish and broader communities.